Saturday, March 5, 2016

Rome: Piazza di Spagna to before Castel S.Angelo

Visited here 17 years ago, so almost forgot what I visited before.
I joined a free tour, after searching at website.
I found 2 companies on the top of Google search:
1. http://www.romefreewalkingtour.com/
2. http://www.newromefreetour.com/
The first one is more free and relax, since people can just join directly in the meeting place in near Spanish step, while the second one, people have to register first online and have to bring the print-out otherwise people have to pay EUR 10 to join.
I joined the first one at 10:00, since it matched my schedule. The 10:00 tour is called Vatican City tour, started from Spanish Step and ended at Vatican City, matched to my schedule since I booked Vatican Museum tour at 14:00. The tour was quite enjoyable and the explanation of the official guide was good. She explained only official guide can do tour in Italy, that's why there is no Sanderman free tour in Italy like in other European cities, since hiring an official guide is too expensive for them.
Like always, joining the tour make me forget easily the places visited. I would remember better if I just go myself looking at the guide book.
So, I only remember the wow spot, i.e. Pantheon. This dome is spectacular.


Piazza di Spagna




Pantheon

Pantheon




Pantheon

Pantheon

Pantheon




Fountain of the Four Rivers at Piazza Navona






No comments:

Post a Comment